Research Impact:Google Scholar
Web of Science
ChM. Dr Revathi A/P Rajan, MRSC
Professional Chemist (IKM) Registration No: M/5420/8838/20
Royal Society of Chemistry, MRSC 717083
Head of Programme, Forensic Science | Department of Biotechnology
PhD Forensic Chemistry
MSc Forensic Science
BSc (Hons) Forensic Science
Areas of Interest
- Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Canadian Society of Forensic Science (CSFS)
- Chemistry Institute of Malaysia (IKM)
- Forensic Science Society Malaysia (FSSM)
- Malaysia Invention and Design Society (MINDS)
1. Name of grants: Research Excellence and Innovation Grants (REIG)
Funder: UCSI University
Project Title: Green Synthesis of Carbon Nanoparticle Using Rice Husk for Latent Fingermark Development
Amount: RM 39,834
2.Name of grants:Research Excellence and Innovation Grants (REIG)
Funder: UCSI University
Project Title: Development of a Multiplex PCR to Access DNA Degradation in Bloodstain Under Extremen Temperature
Amount: RM 40,800
Current Research Project
- Green Synthesis of Carbon Nanoparticle Using Rice Husk for Latent Fingermark Development
- Limonene doped silica nanoparticle synthesised from waste for biostimulation of plant growth
- Moringa extract doped spent coffee grounds synthesised from waste for biostimulation of plant growth
- Development of lip indexing system for human indentification for forensic science application
- Development of fingermark grading scheme for application in fingermark research methodology
- Rajan, R., Zakaria, Y., Shamsuddin, S., Fakhuruddin, N. and Hassan, N. (2020) "Robust synthesis of monodispersed spherical silica nanoparticle from rice husk for high definition latent finger-mark development", Arabian Journal of Chemistry., 13(11), pp. 8119-8132 ISSN : 1878-5352
- Rajan,R., Zakaria, Y., Shamsuddin, S., Fakhuruddin, N. and Hassan, N. (2018) ‘Nanocarbon powder for latent fingermark development : a green chemistry approach’, Egypt. J. Forensic Sci., 8(60), pp. 1–10.
- Rajan, R., Zakaria, Y., Shamsuddin, S., Fakhuruddin, N. and Hassan, N. (2019) ‘Fluorescent variant of silica nanoparticle powder synthesised from rice husk for latent fingerprint development’, Egypt. J. Forensic Sci. Egyptian Journal of Forensic Sciences, 9(50), pp. 1–9.
- Rajan, R., Zakaria, Y., Shamsuddin, S., Fakhuruddin, N. and Hassan, N. (2020a) ‘Green Chemistry Synthesis of Nanostructured Zinc Oxide Powder Using Azadirachta indica Extract for Latent Fingermark Development’, Malaysian J. Med. Heal. Sci., 16(2020), pp. 38–42.
- Rajan, R., Zakaria, Y., Shamsuddin, S. and Nik Hassan, N. F. (2020b) ‘Morphological and Compositional Changes Exhibited by Rice Husk When Subjected to Synergistic Thermochemical Treatments’, Malaysian J. Med. Heal. Sci., 16(SUPP1), pp. 1–7.
- Said, N. F. N., Anuar, S. N., Zakaria, Y., Rajan, R., Shukri, N. M. and Nik Hassan, N. F. (2021) ‘Recycling potential of natural waste products in the development of fingerprint powders for forensic application’, Malaysian Journal of Medicine and Health Sciences, 17(4), pp. 196–204.
- Nik Hassan, N. F., Che Hamzah, C. N., Rajan, R. and Zakaria, Y. (2020) ‘Agriculture Waste Recycling Technologies: Recycling of Nanosilica Powder from Bamboo Leaves and Rice Husks for Forensic Applications’, in Bergmann, C. P., Makhlouf, A. S. H., and Ali, G. A. M. (eds) Topics in Mining , Metallurgy and Materials Engineering Waste Recycling Technologies for Nanomaterials Manufacturing. 1st Editio, pp. 295–324.
- Rajan, R., Fakhuruddin, N., Hassan, N. and Nasimul, M. (2012) ‘Chemical Fingerprinting of Human Body Odor : An Overview of Previous Studies’, Malaysian Journal of Forensic Sciences, 4(1), pp. 33–38.
- Rajan, R., Zakaria, Y., Shamsuddin, S. and Hassan, N. F. N. (2018b) ‘Synthesis of Carbon Nanoparticle from Rice Husk by Acid Digestion for Fingermark Dusting Application’, Malaysian Journal of Forensic Sciences, 8(1), pp. 7–13.
- Rajan, R., Zakaria, Y., Shamsuddin, S. and Hassan, N. F. N. (2019)‘Gold nanoparticle in the application of forensic fingermark development: A short review’, Forensic Science & Addiction Research, 4(4), pp. 1–4.
- Invited Speaker, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Opprtunities in Forensic Science Forum, 4th Edition of International Conference on Entreprenuership, Innovation and Leadership (ICEIL 2022), 20th-22nd January 2022, Zoom Platform, Amity University Uttar Pradesh
- Invited speaker in Forensic Science Seminar 2018, 7 Mac 2018, Pullman Hotel, Bangsar, Forensic Science Society Malaysia
- 4th International eConference on “Fingerprint analysis, 24-25th April 2021, Virtual, International Association of Scientists & Researchers
- 5th International eConference on “Forensic Odontology”, 29-30th May 2021, Virtual, International Association of Scientists & Researchers
- 3rd International Conference on Forensic Science, Forensic Medicine and Criminology, 15-16 September 2020, Virtual, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, Management & Science University
- 21st National Conference on Medical and Health Sciences, 17-18 October 2016, Kelantan, School of Dental Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia
- 2nd International Environment & Health Conference, 27-28th August 2014, Kelantan, School of Health Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia
- The 11th Indo Pacific Association of Law, Medicine and Science Congress (INPALMS), 5-10 October 2013, Kuala Lumpur, Forensic Science Society of Malaysia
- Invited speaker, Role of Forensic Science in Safety of Women Forum in Strategies for Aatmanirbhar
- Bharat Through SDGs and Gender Equality, 8th -9th March 2022, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, India
- BRONZE AWARD Magnetic Carbon Fingerprint Powder: NANOREV in Malaysian Technology Expo 2022
- ITEX GOLD MEDAL 33rd International Invention, Innovation & Technology Exhibition| 2022 Awarded for the invention Magnetic Carbon Fingerprint Powder: NANOREV
- GOLD AWARD Magnetic Carbon Fingerprint Powder: NANOREV in Malaysian Technology Expo 2021: SDG International Innovation Awards
- OUTSTANDING INNOVATION AWARDS Magnetic Carbon Fingerprint Powder: NANOREV in Malaysian Technology Expo 2021: SDG International Innovation Awards
- FIRST PRIZE, BEST SCIENTIFIC EPOSTER PRESENTATION IN PROFESSIONAL CATEGORY 4th International eConference on “Fingerprint analysis” by International Association of Scientists & Researchers, 2021
- BEST RESEARCH AWARD 13rd International Conference of Forensic Science, Forensic Medicine and Criminology | Sept 2020 Awarded for Human Body Odour Analysis Using Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry - Method Development and Validation
- JUNAINAH AWARD 13th International Medical, Pharmaceutical, Cosmeceutical and Health Sciences Symposium | Dec 2019 Awarded for Facile synthesis of Calcium oxide nanoparticles for the development of latent fingermarks (Final Year Project - Student under supervision).
- BEST TEACHING AND LEARNING AWARD Management & Science University | Nov 2019
- JURY AWARD Intervarsity Medical Innovation Idea Challenge 2.0 | 2019 Awarded for the invention of Trix v1.0 (Transforming Rural Healthcare using Innovated Instruments) - Project under supervision
- SILVER AWARD Invention and Innovation Competition of Private Higher Education Institution | 2018 Awarded for the invention of fluorescent carbon solution for the development of latent fingermarks
- THIRD PLACE Inclusive Innovation Challenge | 2017 Awarded by Malaysia Innovation Foundation for the invention of ECOfp fingerprint powder kit
- FIRST PLACE IN ORAL PRESENTATION (BASIC SCIENCE CATEGORY) 21st National Conference on Medical and Health Sciences | 2016 Awarded for the paper entitled "Synthesis and characterization of silica nanoparticles from rice husk for latent fingermark development"
- ITEX GOLD MEDAL 27th International Invention, Innovation & Technology Exhibition| 2016 Awarded for the invention ECOfp (Fingerprint powder)
- MYBRAIN (PHD) SCHOLARSHIP Ministry of Higher Education | 2015-2018
- USM FELLOWSHIP Universiti Sains Malaysia | 2011-2014
- Fingermark Research Group (UCSI, USM, UTM)