Current Research Project
- Bioinformatics, Genetic sequencing (Primary immunodeficiency)
- Biodegerablade clothes, food packaging (Survey design)
- Online Food delivery during covid-19 (Survey design)
- Genetically modified food (Survey design)
- Mridula, S., Masroor, W.S., Xavier, M., Tan, WH., Chan, H. K., Chirara, K., & Nwabueze O.P. (2021). Antioxidant and anti-advanced glycation end products formation properties of palmatine. Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmacognosy Research, 9(3), 366-378.
- Basurra, R.S., Tunung, R., Kavita, C., Ribka, A., Chandrika, M., & Ubong, A. (2021). Consumption practices and perception of ready-to-eat food among university students and employees in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Journal of Food Research, 5(1), 246-251
- Nwabueze, O.P., Mridula, S., Hui, T. W., Kuan C. H., Chirara, K., Gaurav, A., & Al-Nema M. (2020). In-vitro anti-diabetic activity and in-silico studies of binding energies of palmatine with alpha-amylase, alpha-glucosidase and DPP-IV enzymes. Pharmacia, 67(4), 363–371.
- Anusha, A.C.S., Tunung, R., Kavita, C., Ribka, A., & Chandrika, M. (2020). Ready-to-eat food consumption practices, food safety knowledge and relation to gender and education level of consumers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Journal of Food Research, 4(5), 1537- 1544.
- Chirara, K., & Yan, L. K. (2019). Factors Associated with Beliefs and Attitudes in Organic Food Purchase among Adults in Klang Valley. Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development, 10(4), 1127-1131
- Chang., Y. J., & Chirara, K. (2019). Consumers' Perception on Biodegradable Food Container in Klang Valley, Kuala Lumpur: The Effect of Environmental Knowledge, Concern & Attitude. AsPac J. Mol. Biol. Biotechnol., 27(2) Suppl.
- Kavita Chirara and Lee Keat Yan (2019) Factors Associated with Beliefs and Attitudes in Organic Food Purchase among Adults in Klang Valley, Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development 10(4):1126
- Ummu K.F. and Kavita C. (2018) Entrepreneurial Motivation of Gen-Y Students: Necessity or Opportunity
Contributions to Society
- Hari Raya Lunch with Rainbow home, 2021 (UCSI University)
- Led community project for below poverty line families, 2020 (UCSI University)
- Volunteer, Shelter Home for Children, 2019-2021
- Faculty Health Screening programme at Velocity Mall, 2018-2019
- Speaker, Entrepreneurship Talk at MySkills Foundation, 2018
- Entrepreneurship Talk at MySkills Foundation (NGO youth centre- school dropout), 2018
- UCSI University Home building for Indigenous people, 2016
- Coordinate Entrepreneurship projects between Centre for Entrepreneur Development and Research (SME Bank Malaysia) with Nigeria
- Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World Malaysia Chapter
- Asian Federation of Biotechnology, Malaysia
- 4th International Conference on Molecular Biology and Biotechnology 2021 (1-3rd June 2021)- Virtual, poster presenter
- World BioEconomy Forum, 2020- Virtual
- 16th Gender Summit, 2019 Singapore
- Innovations, Shifts and Challenges in Learning & Teaching (2016, UCSI University)
Networks & Industry Linkages
- Executive Committee, Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World, Malaysia National Chapter
- Member, Malaysian Society for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Member, Asian Federation of Biotechnology, Malaysia