MELAKA CULINARY CHALLENGE 2019Tan Aun Chee, Aiman Haqim B Mohd Ali, Muhammad Aiman bin Saiful Anuar
Malaysian Heritage Cuisine
Tan Aun Chee
Aiman Haqim B Mohd Ali
(Bachelor in Hospitality Administration)
Muhammad Aiman bin Saiful Anuar
(Diploma in Culinary Arts)
WORLD’S MOST PRODUCTIVE AUTHOR 2019PROFESSOR DR OOI KENG BOON |  Dean, Faculty Of Business And Information Science
UCSI Congratulates Professor Dr Ooi Keng Boon on being the World’s Most Productive Author 2019 for Mobile Commerce Research and #1 in Core Author Publishing on Social Commerce.
SPEAKER AT THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ‘HUMANITY AND THE ENVIRONMENT’ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR DR PEK CHUEN KEE |  Faculty of Business and Information Science
Congratulations to Associate Professor Dr Pek Chuen Khee for being a speaker at the International Conference on ‘Humanity and the Environment: An Ageing Earth’ at the Taichung Veterans General Hospital in Taichung, Taiwan.
BEST PAPER AWARD (MAG 2019)DR LEONG CHOI MENG |  Faculty of Business and Information Science (Sarawak Campus)
Congratulations to Dr Leong Choi Meng on receiving the Best Paper Award at the MAG Scholar Conference in Business, Marketing & Tourism (MAG 2019) for the paper entitled “Mobile Internet Adoption In Malaysia: The Moderating Effect Of Gender”.
ACRHITECTURE AT ITS FINESTDoris Quek |  Alumna, B.Sc. (Hons) Architecture Technology
- Currently curator for Kongsi KL
- Founded Little Planet Project Lab in 2015
- Initiated Booku in 2016 - a book space featuring a book reading club, screenings, exhibitions and literature art re-creation engaging readership community.
- Worked at Architron Design Consultants, Malaysia
- Obtained her Professional Diploma in Architecture with merit from University of East London
A GLOBAL JOURNEY IN ARCHITECTUREEngeland Apostol |  Alumnus, B.Sc. (Hons) Architecture Technology
- Currently working at Weston Williamson & Partners, UK
- Graduated MArchD with Distinction, Oxford Brookes University.
- Architectural Designer with over 4 years professional experience in international residential and hospitality projects across South East Asia, India, China and USA.
- Played key role in award winning projects including National Design Centre in Singapore
- Winning track record in design competitions across Europe
WON ONE OF THE 3RD ICMBB'S BEST POSTER PRIZE.Noor Alali |  MSc Biotechnology
The 3rd ICMBB, held from 24-25 April 2019, was co-organized by the Faculty of Applied Sciences at UCSI University and the Malaysian Society for Molecular Biology & Biotechnology.
FAS BIOTECHNOLOGY STUDENT WINS BEST POSTER PRIZE AT THE 30TH INTERVARSITY BIOCHEMISTRY SEMINAR.Choo Yik Jin |  BSc (Hons) Biotechnology
Won the Best Poster prize at the 30th Intervarsity Biochemistry Seminar (IBS) held on 4th May 2019 at University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus. The annual IBS is organized by the Malaysian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (MSBMB) and involves participants from 15 public and private universities.
FAS FOOD SCIENCE STUDENTS SHINE AT INTERVARSITY PALM OIL QUIZ COMPETITION.Ong Teik Siun and Cheong Hui Ann |  BSc (Hons) Food Science with Nutrition
Winning 2nd place in the Intervarsity Palm Oil Quiz Competition organised by Malaysia Palm Oil Council (MPOC). It was held on 18th April 2019 during CEO Day at UPM in conjunction with Love MY Palm Oil Campaign. The campaign was launched by Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir.
FAS POSTGRADUATE STUDENT BAGS AWARD AT MIFT'S 11TH NATIONAL FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY COMPETITION.Jenny Foo |  Postgraduate
Won 2nd runner up award in the Postgraduate Oral competition, while the JUJUBEST team won the 2nd runner up award in the Innovative Food Product Development competition. It was held at UTAR, Kampar (6-7 April 2019).