1ST MALAYSIA CHEFS AND COOKS CONGRESS (COOKING COMPETITION)NURUL SYUHAILA BINTI MOHD GHARAZALI |  Diploma In Culinary Arts
Winning category : Family Heritage Cuisine- (University Category)
Most Outstanding Heritage Family Meal (University/College)
1ST MALAYSIA CHEFS AND COOKS CONGRESS (COOKING COMPETITION)SIOW HUI SEA |  Diploma In Culinary Arts
Winning category : Heritage Cuisine Women category
1ST MALAYSIA CHEFS AND COOKS CONGRESS (COOKING COMPETITION)SITI HAJAR BINTI BADRULHISHAM |  Diploma In Culinary Arts
Winning category : Heritage Cuisine Women’s category
FIRST STUDENT IN MALAYSIA TO OBTAIN THE ASSOCIATE OF CANADIAN INSTITUTE OF ACTUARIES (ACIA) IN 2019James Koo Jian Wei |  BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science
- Currently working as Management Associate at Great Eastern.
- Passed 5 SoA papers before completion of third year of study.
- First UCSI student to pass the SoA Fundamentals of Actuarial Practice (FAP) before completion of his study.
- An alumnus of SMK Taman Daya, Johor Bahru
OUTSTANDING MEDIUM CHAPTER AWARD 2018Mohd Fauzi Zanil, Assistant Professor Dr Elango Natarajan, Assistant Professor Dr MKA Ahamed Khan, Chuah Eng Yew |  Faculty of Engineering, Technology & Built Environment
Congratulations to the UCSI IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) Malaysia chapter Executive Committee Members on being awarded the OUTSTANDING MEDIUM CHAPTER AWARD 2018 at the IEEE Malaysia Section AGM and Appreciation Dinner.
MOST CITED PAPER BY EMERALD PUBLISHING LIMITEDProfessor Dr Ooi Keng Boon |  Dean, Faculty of Business and Information Science
Congratulations to Professor Dr Ooi Keng Boon on receiving the certificate of ‘Most Cited Paper’ by Emerald Publishing Limited for his paper, titled What catalyses mobile apps usage intention: an empirical analysis.
TAKING IT ONE STEP FURTHER AT IMPERIALKhaw Liang Fa |  Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- Selected by Imperial College London in 2018 to do research on the enhancement of the performance of silica nanoparticles in protein crystallisation by changing the particle morphology and surface chemistry.
An alumnus of SMK Mutiara Rini, Skudai, Johor
SELECTED BY TSINGHUA TO ADVANCE RESEARCH USING DNA ORIGAMIJong Cha Yong |  Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- Selected by Tsinghua University in 2018 to do research on protein crystallisation seeding using DNA origami.
An alumnus of SMK Luak, Miri, Sarawak
PUSHING NEW FRONTIERS IN QUEENSLANDMuhammad Hafidz Khairudin |  BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Selected by University of Queensland in 2018 to research on the economic analysis of different types of Photovoltaic Array technologies.
- An alumnus of Maktab Rendah Sains MARA, Muar, Johor.
MOHD FAUZI WINS BEST PAPER AWARD IN THE 2018 IEEE 4TH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ROBOTICS AND MANUFACTURING AUTOMATIONMohd Fauzi Zanil |  Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering, Technology and Built Environment
UCSI’s Faculty of Engineering, Technology and Built Environment lecturer Mohd Fauzi Zanil won the best paper award in the 2018 IEEE 4th International Symposium on Robotics and Manufacturing Automation (IEEE ROMA 2018).
The symposium was organised by the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society - Malaysia Chapter in Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Engineering College, Perambalur, TN, India.
His paper was entitled “Modified Meta-Heuristic Bee Colony Optimisation In The Polymerisation of Propylene”.