ACTUARIAL SCIENCE STUDENTS BEAT THE ODDSCALVIN CHONG TING YEE, NG XIN YEE, TAN JUN HAO AND JAMES KOO JIAN WEI
- Recognising four of our many Actuarial Science students who passed all five preliminary exams set by Society of Actuaries (SoA) in record quick time.
- CONGRATULATIONS to CALVIN CHONG TING YEE (before completion of 3rd year), NG XIN YEE (before completion of 2nd year), TAN JUN HAO (before completion of 2nd year) and JAMES KOO JIAN WEI (before completion of 3rd year).
PERTANDINGAN INOVASI PERLINDUNGAN CERUN 2018LING POH CHOO AND WONG YOONG SEONG |  BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
Congratulations to Team 3W.
Civil Engineering students win 1st Runner Up Prize in the Pertandingan Inovasi Perlindungan Cerun 2018
The team showed outstanding work from the feasibility of the study to the literature review, data collection and analysis as well as presentation skills.
IT STUDENTS GO THE EXTRA MILE AND WIN IN COMPETITIONJason Quek Ghee Khang, Michelle Yeong Wan Li, Harry Lean Fu Liang, Too Wing Ging
- Congratulations to Jason Quek Ghee Khang, Michelle Yeong Wan Li, Harry Lean Fu Liang, Too Wing Ging from the School Of IT for emerging as champions for The Business Idea Competition 2018.
- The competition was initiated by Axissoft Corporation and UCSI University.
SWIMMING HIS WAY TO THE TOP. KEITH LIM MAKES UCSI PROUDKeith Lim |  BSc (Hons) Finance and Investment
- 2018 Malaysia Games (Sukma) gold medalist
(50m freestyle, 100m freestyle, 4x100m medley relay and 4x200m medley relay)
- KL2017 Sea Games silver and bronze medalist.
UCSI STUDENTS TAKE BUSINESS TO ANOTHER LEVELWong Chun Weng, Shia Siaw Hui, Sandra Ooi Ping Nyee and Eric Ling Kaiyue
- Congratulations to Wong Chun Weng, Shia Siaw Hui, Sandra Ooi Ping Nyee and Eric Ling Kaiyue from the Faculty of Business and Information Science for becoming the national champions of the HSBC-Enactus Malaysia Business Case Competition 2017.
- They also represented Malaysia at the HSBC/HKU Asia Pacific Business Case Competition 2017 in Hong Kong.
ARCHITECTURE AT ITS BEST IN THE LION CITYTan Kuan Ming |  Alumnus, Bsc (Hons) Architecture Technology
- Currently a Registered Architect under the Board Of Architects Singapore (BOA)
- Experience in contract administration and various scales of local and international projects including Residential and Mixed-Used Development.
- Worked at Dragages Singapore as a Deputy Design Manager.
- Worked at P & T Consultants as a Registered Architect.
- Winner of the Best Attractive Booth Design in the 20th Architectural Workshop 2008 held at Universiti Sains Malaysia.
An alumnus of Chung Ling High School, Penang
DR ELANGO WINS BEST PAPER AWARD AT INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ROBOTICS AND MANUFACTURING AUTOMATION (IEEE ROMA 2018)Assistant Professor Dr Elango Natarajan |  Head of Research, Faculty of Engineering, Technology and Built Environment.
Winning the Best Paper Award at the 2018 IEEE 4th Symposium on Robotics and Manufacturing Automation (IEEE-ROMA 2018), was truly a memorable moment for Assistant Professor Dr Elango Natarajan, Head of Research from the Faculty of Engineering, Technology and Built Environment.
The awards presentation was held at Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Engineering College, Perambalur, TN, India with around 110 participants.
Dr Elango’s paper was entitled “Design and Development of A Robot Gripper For Food Industries Using Coanda Effect”. The Coanda principle uses the pressure changes locally present inside the gripper to handle soft objects such as meat, vegetables, paper or fabric. It is a new idea applied in robotics for handling these fragile and soft objects.
DR GAILANI SELECTED AS BEST PRESENTER AT INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUMDr Mohammed Al-Gailani |   Lecturer. Faculty of Engineering, Technology and Built Environment
UCSI’s Faculty of Engineering, Technology and Built Environment lecturer Dr Mohammed Al-Gailani won the best presenter award in the 2nd International Symposium on Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences 2018.
His paper was entitled “Saving Energy Cost By Combining Air-Conditioning and Air-Circulation Using CFD to Achieve Thermal Comfort In The Building.” The paper had practical significance in that it illustrated the method in which to retain our ‘comfort zones’ in terms of temperature while paying less for electricity.
DR KHAN AWARDED IEEE RAS MALAYSIA CHAPTER AWARD OF EXCELLENCEDr MKA Ahamed Khan |  Assistant Professor, Faculty of Engineering, Technology and Built Environment
UCSI’s Faculty of Engineering, Technology and Built Environment Assistant Professor Dr MKA Ahamed Khan was recently awarded the prestigious IEEE RAS Malaysia Chapter Award of Excellence.
The award recognises individuals for their outstanding service for the benefit and advancement of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) in Malaysia in terms of conferences and meetings, publications, editing, administration, chapter services, or other distinguished service and activities.
DR ANG AWARDED CERTIFICATE OF BEST PRESENTATION IN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCEAssistant Professor Dr Ang Chun Kit |  Deputy Dean, Faculty of Engineering, Technology and Built Environment
UCSI’s Faculty of Engineering, Technology and Built Environment deputy dean Assistant Professor Dr Ang Chun Kit has been awarded the Certificate for Best Presentation in the 2018 International Conference on Renewable Energy and Environment Engineering held in Paris, France.
His paper entitled ‘Development of a Footstep Power Generator In Converting Kinetic Energy to Electricity’ demonstrates how a simple yet low cost mechanism can enhance the performance and efficiency of energy conversion from kinetic energy to electrical energy.