CONGRATULATIONS THE HOUSE OF THEMIS FROM FACULTY OF BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT!The House Of Themis |  Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Finance and Investment and Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Accounting in Finance
Congratulations The House Of Themis for winning second place at CFA Society Malaysia University Ethics Challenge 2021 (Local Level).
The team comprises three students from Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Finance and Investment and Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Accounting in Finance.
The challenge is to increase students’ awareness of ethical dilemmas faced in the investment management industry. Participants will analyse a real case, formulate solutions, and present their conclusion to a panel of expert judges.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ASK J&C CONSULTANTS FROM FACULTY OF BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT!ASK J&C Consultants |  Faculty of Business & Management
Congratulations to ASK J&C Consultants for winning the title 1st Runner Up at ASymposium Envisioning Actuarial Spectrum 2021 - Case Study Challenge. The team comprises five students from Bachelor of Science (Hons) Actuarial Science and Bachelor of Science (Hons) Actuarial Science and Finance.
ADVANCED INTO SEMI-FINALS OF THE 2021 SOCIETY OF ACTUARIES STUDENT RESEARCH CASE STUDY CHALLENGELee Xue Er, Siew Chin Yoong, Chong Jia Wei, Jaclyn Loo Jieying and See Hui Xin |  Bachelor of Science (Honours) Actuarial Science
Congratulation to Actuarial Science students Lee Xue Er, Siew Chin Yoong, Chong Jia Wei, Jaclyn Loo Jieying and See Hui Xin for advancing into Semi-finals of the 2021 Society of Actuaries Student Research Case Study Challenge. Their mentor was Assistant Professor Jeff Lai.
RECIPIENT OF THE CISI GLOBAL EDUCATIONAL TRUST AWARD 2019Dana Teoh |  BSc (Hons) Finance and Investment
Congratulations to Dana Teoh who recently received the CISI Global Educational Trust Award 2019. She was the only winner from Malaysia. Others who participated in this award were from Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore and India,
The Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI) is the leading UK professional body for securities, investment, wealth and financial planning professionals.
FIRST RUNNER UP AT THE NATIONAL INVESTMENT CHALLENGE EXTRAVAGANZA 2019Lau Ze Kai |  Bsc (Hons) Finance and Investment
Congratulations to Lau Ze Kai for being the first runner up in a team of four at The National Investment Challenge Extravaganza 2019. The competition was held on October 3-5, 2019 at University Utara Malaysia and organised by the Bursa Young Investor Club (BYIC).
FIRST STUDENT IN MALAYSIA TO OBTAIN THE ASSOCIATE OF CANADIAN INSTITUTE OF ACTUARIES (ACIA) IN 2019James Koo Jian Wei |  BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science
- Worked as Management Associate at Great Eastern
- Passed 5 SoA papers before completion of third year of study.
- First UCSI student to pass the SoA Fundamentals of Actuarial Practice (FAP) before completion of his study.
- An alumnus of SMK Taman Daya, Johor Bahru
FROM SCHLUMBERGER TO SHELL. UCSI HELPED KEVIN REACH HIGHER.Kevin Sraatharan |  Alumnus, BA (Hons) Logistics Management
- Currently a customer operations specialist at Shell Malaysia.
- Previously an intern at Schlumberger Malaysia.
- Member, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
- Hong Leong Foundation Scholarship holder.
An alumnus of SMK Sri Permata, Petaling Jaya
ACTUARIAL SCIENCE STUDENTS BEAT THE ODDSCALVIN CHONG TING YEE, NG XIN YEE, TAN JUN HAO AND JAMES KOO JIAN WEI
- Recognising four of our many Actuarial Science students who passed all five preliminary exams set by Society of Actuaries (SoA) in record quick time.
- CONGRATULATIONS to CALVIN CHONG TING YEE (before completion of 3rd year), NG XIN YEE (before completion of 2nd year), TAN JUN HAO (before completion of 2nd year) and JAMES KOO JIAN WEI (before completion of 3rd year).
SWIMMING HIS WAY TO THE TOP. KEITH LIM MAKES UCSI PROUDKeith Lim |  BSc (Hons) Finance and Investment
- 2018 Malaysia Games (Sukma) gold medalist
(50m freestyle, 100m freestyle, 4x100m medley relay and 4x200m medley relay)
- KL2017 Sea Games silver and bronze medalist.
UCSI STUDENTS TAKE BUSINESS TO ANOTHER LEVELWong Chun Weng, Shia Siaw Hui, Sandra Ooi Ping Nyee and Eric Ling Kaiyue
- Congratulations to Wong Chun Weng, Shia Siaw Hui, Sandra Ooi Ping Nyee and Eric Ling Kaiyue from the Faculty of Business and Information Science for becoming the national champions of the HSBC-Enactus Malaysia Business Case Competition 2017.
- They also represented Malaysia at the HSBC/HKU Asia Pacific Business Case Competition 2017 in Hong Kong.