UCSI STUDENTS SELECTED AS TOP 5 COUNTRY FINALISTS IN SCHNEIDER GO GREEN COMPETITIONHarry Hoon Jian Wen (right) and Siah Jing Yi (left) |  Engineering Students
UCSI Engineering students Harry Hoon Jian Wen (Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering with Honours) and Siah Jing Yi (Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering with Honours) were selected as the Top 5 country finalists in the Schneider Go Green Competition 2020 in which their title was ‘Cost effectively reduce carbon emission using PV-BESS system’.
UCSI STUDENTS WIN BEST SOLAR CAR AWARDNg Weng Mun, Chong Ying Hai and Ngo Kah Lock |  Engineering Students
UCSI University Engineering students Ng Weng Mun, Chong Ying Hai and Ngo Kah Lock won the Best Solar Car Award in the Solar Car Competition 2020 (SCAR’20) organised by MAHSA University. All three students are from the Mechatronics Engineering programme. The participants were divided into seven groups, with three per group where each group had their own solar car.
OPPORTUNITY TO STUDY NUCLEATION CONTROL AT THE IMPERIAL COLLEGEBryan Ma Yuong Kai |  Bachelor of Chemical Engineering with Honours
- Selected by Imperial College London in 2019 to do an attachment programme for 4 months.
- Occasional Undergraduate Research student in Dr Jerry Heng’s research group under the Department of Chemical Engineering
- His research interest focuses on establishing soft templates such as small organic molecules in controlling nucleation.
- President of Talent Acquisition and Development (TAD) 2018/2019 and former executive committee of U-Schos. Both TAD and U-Schos are initiatives under Youth Beyond Boundaries community.
Alumnus of SMK Kapit, Sarawak
DISCOVERING THE SCIENCE OF CRYSTAL GROWTH AT THE IMPERIAL COLLEGEChang Zhen Hong |  Bachelor of Chemical Engineering with Honours
- Selected by Imperial College London in 2019 as a research student under Department of Chemical Engineering for the Student Oversea Visiting Programme (SOVP).
- Currently conducting his research entitled ‘Peptides Crystallisation’ focusing on the thermodynamic properties of peptides in protein crystallisation: glycine and its homopeptides
Alumnus of SMK Abu Bakar, Temerloh
A GOLDEN LEARNING OPPORTUNITY IN QUEENSLANDHarry Hoon Jian Wen |  Bachelors of Electrical and Electronics Engineering With Honours
- Currently an Electrical Design Engineer in ABB, Electrification Division (a Fortune 500 Global Company)
- Previously a Design Engineer intern at Schneider Electric (a Fortune 500 Global Company)
- Selected by University of Queensland in 2019 to study ‘Battery Energy Storage Control System Design for Large-Scale Solar PV Plant Integration’
- President of IEEE-HKN (Eta Kappa Nu) Mu Alpha, Malaysia (2017-2018, 2018-2019)
- UCSI Trust Scholarship Recipient
Alumnus of SMK Pusat Bandar Puchong (1)
STUDYING REVERBERATION TIME OF TEACHING SPACES IN THE UNIVERSITY OF QUEENSLANDKhoo Hon Sern |  Bachelors of Mechatronic Engineering With Honours
- Currently interning at Genesis Spectrum Sdn Bhd
- Selected by University of Queensland in 2019 to study ‘Reverberation time of teaching spaces in the University of Queensland’.
- UCSI Red Crescent, President 2018-2019
- UCSI IET on Campus Member, since 2017
Alumnus of SMK USJ4, Subang Jaya
TAKING IT ONE STEP FURTHER AT IMPERIALKhaw Liang Fa |  Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- Selected by Imperial College London in 2018 to do research on the enhancement of the performance of silica nanoparticles in protein crystallisation by changing the particle morphology and surface chemistry.
An alumnus of SMK Mutiara Rini, Skudai, Johor
SELECTED BY TSINGHUA TO ADVANCE RESEARCH USING DNA ORIGAMIJong Cha Yong |  Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- Selected by Tsinghua University in 2018 to do research on protein crystallisation seeding using DNA origami.
An alumnus of SMK Luak, Miri, Sarawak
PUSHING NEW FRONTIERS IN QUEENSLANDMuhammad Hafidz Khairudin |  BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Selected by University of Queensland in 2018 to research on the economic analysis of different types of Photovoltaic Array technologies.
- An alumnus of Maktab Rendah Sains MARA, Muar, Johor.
ENGINEERING TAKES ON A NEW MEANING AT QUEENSLANDWong Jun Ying |  BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Selected by University of Queensland in 2018 to investigate abnormal power patterns observed in solar arrays in a plant in Gatton, Australia.
- An alumnus of SMK Engku Husain, Semenyih, Selangor