OPPORTUNITY TO STUDY NUCLEATION CONTROL AT THE IMPERIAL COLLEGEBryan Ma Yuong Kai |  Bachelor of Chemical Engineering with Honours
- Selected by Imperial College London in 2019 to do an attachment programme for 4 months.
- Occasional Undergraduate Research student in Dr Jerry Heng’s research group under the Department of Chemical Engineering
- His research interest focuses on establishing soft templates such as small organic molecules in controlling nucleation.
- President of Talent Acquisition and Development (TAD) 2018/2019 and former executive committee of U-Schos. Both TAD and U-Schos are initiatives under Youth Beyond Boundaries community.
Alumnus of SMK Kapit, Sarawak
DISCOVERING THE SCIENCE OF CRYSTAL GROWTH AT THE IMPERIAL COLLEGEChang Zhen Hong |  Bachelor of Chemical Engineering with Honours
- Selected by Imperial College London in 2019 as a research student under Department of Chemical Engineering for the Student Oversea Visiting Programme (SOVP).
- Currently conducting his research entitled ‘Peptides Crystallisation’ focusing on the thermodynamic properties of peptides in protein crystallisation: glycine and its homopeptides
Alumnus of SMK Abu Bakar, Temerloh
A GOLDEN LEARNING OPPORTUNITY IN QUEENSLANDHarry Hoon Jian Wen |  Bachelors of Electrical and Electronics Engineering With Honours
- Currently an Electrical Design Engineer in ABB, Electrification Division (a Fortune 500 Global Company)
- Previously a Design Engineer intern at Schneider Electric (a Fortune 500 Global Company)
- Selected by University of Queensland in 2019 to study ‘Battery Energy Storage Control System Design for Large-Scale Solar PV Plant Integration’
- President of IEEE-HKN (Eta Kappa Nu) Mu Alpha, Malaysia (2017-2018, 2018-2019)
- UCSI Trust Scholarship Recipient
Alumnus of SMK Pusat Bandar Puchong (1)
STUDYING REVERBERATION TIME OF TEACHING SPACES IN THE UNIVERSITY OF QUEENSLANDKhoo Hon Sern |  Bachelors of Mechatronic Engineering With Honours
- Currently interning at Genesis Spectrum Sdn Bhd
- Selected by University of Queensland in 2019 to study ‘Reverberation time of teaching spaces in the University of Queensland’.
- UCSI Red Crescent, President 2018-2019
- UCSI IET on Campus Member, since 2017
Alumnus of SMK USJ4, Subang Jaya
TAKING IT ONE STEP FURTHER AT IMPERIALKhaw Liang Fa |  Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- Selected by Imperial College London in 2018 to do research on the enhancement of the performance of silica nanoparticles in protein crystallisation by changing the particle morphology and surface chemistry.
An alumnus of SMK Mutiara Rini, Skudai, Johor
SELECTED BY TSINGHUA TO ADVANCE RESEARCH USING DNA ORIGAMIJong Cha Yong |  Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- Selected by Tsinghua University in 2018 to do research on protein crystallisation seeding using DNA origami.
An alumnus of SMK Luak, Miri, Sarawak
PUSHING NEW FRONTIERS IN QUEENSLANDMuhammad Hafidz Khairudin |  BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Selected by University of Queensland in 2018 to research on the economic analysis of different types of Photovoltaic Array technologies.
- An alumnus of Maktab Rendah Sains MARA, Muar, Johor.
ENGINEERING TAKES ON A NEW MEANING AT QUEENSLANDWong Jun Ying |  BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Selected by University of Queensland in 2018 to investigate abnormal power patterns observed in solar arrays in a plant in Gatton, Australia.
- An alumnus of SMK Engku Husain, Semenyih, Selangor
PERTANDINGAN INOVASI PERLINDUNGAN CERUN 2018LING POH CHOO AND WONG YOONG SEONG |  BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
Congratulations to Team 3W.
Civil Engineering students win 1st Runner Up Prize in the Pertandingan Inovasi Perlindungan Cerun 2018
The team showed outstanding work from the feasibility of the study to the literature review, data collection and analysis as well as presentation skills.
FEMALE POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH AWARDLow Suk Khe |  Master of Philosophy in Engineering
Congratulations to Low Suk Khe, Master of Philosophy in Engineering for winning the Female Postgraduate Research Award 2018 by UCSI University and the Organisation for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD), Malaysian Chapter.
Suk Khe's research on developing a low cost agro-based natural adsorbent has been published in Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, Journal of Environmetal Chemical Engineering and International Journal of Engineering Transaction B: Applications.