TAKING IT ONE STEP FURTHER AT IMPERIALKhaw Liang Fa |  Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- Selected by Imperial College London in 2018 to do research on the enhancement of the performance of silica nanoparticles in protein crystallisation by changing the particle morphology and surface chemistry.
An alumnus of SMK Mutiara Rini, Skudai, Johor
SELECTED BY TSINGHUA TO ADVANCE RESEARCH USING DNA ORIGAMIJong Cha Yong |  Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- Selected by Tsinghua University in 2018 to do research on protein crystallisation seeding using DNA origami.
An alumnus of SMK Luak, Miri, Sarawak
PUSHING NEW FRONTIERS IN QUEENSLANDMuhammad Hafidz Khairudin |  BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Selected by University of Queensland to research on the economic analysis of different types of Photovoltaic Array technologies.
An alumnus of Maktab Rendah Sains MARA, Muar, Johor
ENGINEERING TAKES ON A NEW MEANING AT QUEENSLANDWong Jun Ying |  BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Selected by University of Queensland to investigate abnormal power patterns observed in solar arrays in a plant in Gatton, Australia.
An alumnus of SMK Engku Husain, Semenyih, Selangor
PERTANDINGAN INOVASI PERLINDUNGAN CERUN 2018LING POH CHOO AND WONG YOONG SEONG |  BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
Congratulations to Team 3W.
Civil Engineering students win 1st Runner Up Prize in the Pertandingan Inovasi Perlindungan Cerun 2018
The team showed outstanding work from the feasibility of the study to the literature review, data collection and analysis as well as presentation skills.
FEMALE POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH AWARDLow Suk Khe |  Master of Philosophy in Engineering
Congratulations to Low Suk Khe, Master of Philosophy in Engineering for winning the Female Postgraduate Research Award by UCSI University and the Organisation for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD), Malaysian Chapter.
Suk Khe's research on developing a low cost agro-based natural adsorbent has been published in Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, Journal of Environmetal Chemical Engineering and International Journal of Engineering Transaction B: Applications.
IEM 59TH ANNUAL DINNER AND AWARDS NIGHT 2018Yap Kah Yung |  BEng (Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Congratulations to Yap Kah Yung, BEng (Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering for winning the Gold Medal Award at the IEM Awards Night for the Best Final Year Student at UCSI.
ENGINEERING AN IMPERIAL TRACK RECORDLee May Yan |  Alumna, BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- Selected by Imperial College London to advance high impact research on how cenosphere extraction could be improved in 2016.
- Imperial College London and Tsinghua University annually select UCSI’s top engineering students to push the frontiers of science.
An alumna of SMK USJ12, Selangor
ENGINEERING AN IMPERIAL TRACK RECORDGary Poh Kwor Xiang |  Current student, BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- Selected by Imperial College London to advance high impact research on protein crystallisation in 2017.
- Imperial College London and Tsinghua University annually selected UCSI’s top engineering students to push the frontiers of science.
An alumnus of SMJK(C) Heng Ee, Penang.
THE BUILD A SLIDE STRUCTURE (BASS) COMPETITION 2018LING POH CHOO, WONG YOONG, TEH YU XUAN, TAN KHAI KIM AND KENT GAN WAI |  BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
Congratulations to Team “We Will Win (3W)”.
Civil Engineering students win 2nd Runner Up Prize in the BUILD A SLIDE STRUCTURE (BASS) Competition 2018.
The team not only showed their exemplary skills in structural design, but also excellent teamwork and creativity in building lightweight structures.