- As a medical doctor with special interested in Aesthetic Medicine, my primary research interests revolve around understanding the role Aesthetic Medicine and Regenerative medicine that contribute to human health and disease, and applying that information to improve human wellbeing.
- Mechanisms that influence the rejuvenation of skin cells:I am interested in the molecular mechanisms of skin aging which is essential to identify new therapeutic targets and develop new agents, with a particular emphasis on the topical modalities. Also, identifying pathways involved in delaying skin aging in response to external stimuli.
- Name of grants: Research Excellence and Innovation Grant (REIG)
Project title: Effect of Pharmacological inhibitors of HIPPO pathway in COL1A1 synthesis and fibroblast aging
Duration: 2020- 2022
Role: Co- Investigator
Amount: RM 50,000
Current Research Project
- EVALUATE THE SAFETY (AND EFFICACY) OF SKINCARE PRODUCT USING BIOACTIVE COMPOUNDS SECRETED BY DERMAL FIBROBLASTS IN THE REDUCTION OF SIGNS OF FACIAL AGING A NON-RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED STUDY.
- Pharmaceutical Formulation of a drug based on Molecular study of Synergetic inhibiting effects of PARP inhibitor and Calcitriol in selected TNBC cell lines.
- Farahnaz Amini, Yee Kok Wah, Soh Siew Chin, Abdulateef Alhadeethi, Roya Amini; Edmond Ng Siah Chye. Awareness and perception of Medical genetic services among Malaysian parents of autism spectrum disorders children: The Lessons to be learned. Advances in Autism 2021, Volume 8 Issue 1.
- Amini F., Wong FH., Ng ESC., Ng CY., Omar R,. Mohd Rejab S.,
Mohd Noor IW., Mohd Hussain B. Mutation Profile Of Breast Cancer In Malaysian Patients. 2021. JUMMEC 2021:24(1).
- Farahnaz Amini, Naw May Thazin Oo, Patrick Nwabueze Okechukwu, Marjan Sadat Seghayat, Ng Edmond Siah Chye. 2018. Polymorphisms in P53 and VEGFA genes in different types of periorbital hyperpigmentation in a Malaysian Chinese population. Australas J Dermatol. 60(2):e99-e104. doi: 10.1111/ajd.12918
- Ng Chiat Yin, Farahnaz Amini , Normina Ahmad Bustami, Eugenie Tan Sin Sing, Razinah Sharif , Edmond Ng Siah Chye. Association of Physical Activity and DNA Damage Among Malay Women. The International Sport, Health and Emerging Technologies Summit Conference (iSHE-SC 2021). Online Conference, Malaysia, 27-29 October 2021
- Sharmanee Thiagarajah, Effiong P. E., Siyumbwa S. N., Eugenie Sin Sing Tan, Chung Keat Tan, Farahnaz Amini, Normina Bustami, Edmond Siah Chye Ng (2021). Antimicrobial Effect of Quercus Infectoria and Acorus Calamus in Wound Model. 4th International Conference on Molecular Biology & Biotechnology (ICMBB), 1st-3rd June 2021, page 137
- Eugenie Sin Sing Tan, Yu Bin Ho, Chung Keat Tan, Farahnaz Amini, Normina Bustami, Sharmanee Thiagarajah, Edmond Siah Chye Ng (2021). Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products (PPCPs) Residues in Surface Water Bodies from Selangor (Malaysia): Occurrence and Environmental Risk Assessment. 4th International Conference on Molecular Biology & Biotechnology (ICMBB), 1st-3rd June 2021, page 162
- Ng CY., Seghayat MS., Normina AB., Tan ESS., Tan CK., Sharmanee T., Ng ESC., Amini F. Cluster analysis of macronutrient intake and DNA damage among Malay Women. 35th Annual Scientific Conference, 24 to 25 Nov 2020, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
- Amini F., Mohini, C.,Seghayat MS, , Ng ESC. Public health concerns: Knowledge and awareness of modifiable CVD risk factors in Kuala Lumpur. European Public Health Conference 2018. 28th Nov to 1st Dec 2018. Ljubljana Slovenia
- Wong FH, Amini, F, Ng ESC. 2020. Synergic effect of vitamin D supplementation and PARP Inhibitors on TNBC cell line proliferation. Together Towards Optimal Nutrition. NSM Conference 2020. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Networks and Collaborations on Research
- The University of Manchester/ Division of Cardiovascular Sciences
- Tissue Engineering Centre of Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Medical Centre
Contributions to Society
- Speaker. International Medical Aesthetic conference (IMACE 2021). Exosome Therapy: The Potentials and Challenges in Skin Care
- Committee member. Webinar Series, Recent Advances in Healthy Aging, Medical Aesthetics and Regenerative Medicine. School of Healthy Aging, Aesthetic & Regenerative Medicine, UCSI, 2021
- Committee member and Speaker. Know and Protect your Skin. School of Healthy Aging, Medical Aesthetics & Regenerative Medicine, UCSI, 2019