- Comparison of the survival of Lactobacillus acidophilus in classic and less sugar cultured milk drink to low pH and bile
- Survival of probiotic strains in a selected supplement capsule to low pH and bile
- Comparison between knowledge, product acceptability and practices on probiotics in cultured milk drinks among adolescents in the urban and rural schools in Selangor.
- Evaluation of sugar replacer (inulin) on muffin substituted with jackfruit seed flour.
- Inulin fortified chempedak seed flour muffins with parameter of different time and temperature
Current Research Project
- Exploring the potential of anti oxidant, anti diabetic and anti glycation on natural plant components.
- Exploring on the potential of natural plant components for osteoporosis, bone fragility, diabetes, obesity.
- Spirulina supplementation improves bone structural strength and stiffness in streptozocin-induced diabetic rats Sophia Ogechi Ekeuku, Pei Nee Chong, Hor Kuan Chan, Norazlina Mohamed, Gabriele RA Froemming, Patrick Nwabueze Okechukwu. 2022. Journal of traditional and complementary medicine 12 (3), 225-234
- Protective effect of Spirulina against bone fragility induced by Garcinia cambogia in high-fat diet induced obese rats. 2022. X Cho, PN Okechukwu, N Mohamed, GRA Froemming, HK Chan. International Food Research Journal 29 (3).
- A Peep into The Insulin Signaling Pathway of Palmatine: In Vitro, In Vivo & Ex‐Vivo. 2022. Patrick Okechukwu, Mridula Sharma, Malarvili Selvaraja, Jacinta Nalweyiso, Abbirami Balachandran, Hor Kuan Chan, Anand Gaurav. The FASEB Journal 36.
- Antioxidant and anti-advanced glycation end products formation properties of palmatine [Propiedades antioxidantes y contra la formación de productos finales de glicación avanzada de palmatina] Sharma Mridula, Wardah Siddiqui Masroor, Mellinnda Xavier, Tan Wen Hui, Hor Kuan Chan, Kavita Chirara,
Okechukwu Patrick Nwabueze. Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmacognosy Research, 9 (3), 366-378, 2021
- In-vitro anti-diabetic activity and in-silico studies of binding energies of palmatine with alpha-amylase, alpha glucosidase and DPP-IV enzymes. Patrick Okechukwu, Mridula Sharma, Wen Hui Tan, Hor Kuan Chan, Kavita Chirara, Anand Gaurav, Mayasah Al-Nema. Pharmacia 67(4): 363-371(2020)
- Spirulina supplementation improves bone structural strength and stiffness in streptozocin-induced diabetic rats Author links open overlay panelSophia OgechiEkeukuaPei NeeChongbHor KuanChancNorazlinaMohameddGabriele R.A.FroemmingePatrick NwabuezeOkechukwua. Journal of traditional Medicine and complementary medicine
- An overview of the immunomodulatory effects exerted by probiotics and prebiotics in grouper fish
Jiun Yan Loh, Hor Kuan Chan, Hok Chai Yam, Lionel Lian Aun In & Crystale Siew Ying Lim
Aquaculture International volume 28, pages729–750 (2020)
- R.P.K. Sahadeva, Leong, S.F., Chua, J.H., Tan, C.H., Chan H.Y., Tong E.V., Wong S.Y.W. and Chan, H.K. Survival of commercial probiotic strains to pH and bile. International Food Research Journal, 18(4): 1515-1522 (2011).
- Pang, Y.L. and Chan, H.K. 2009. Sensory descriptive analysis and consumer acceptability of original “kaya” and “kaya” partially substituted with inulin. International Food Research Journal. 16: 483-493.
- H.K. Chan, K.S. Low, S. Arimbalam, C.H. Yip and P. Jayalakshimi. 2002. Investigation of tumour response using Hematoporphyrin as the possible photosensitizer. The Newsletter of Sedaya College’s Centre For research Excellence (SICCRE).Volume 3, Issue 1 : 33-35.
- H.K. Chan, K.S. Low, A.S. Haji Baba, S. Arimbalam, C.H. Yip and K.W. Chang, G. Baskaran, Y.L. Lo, P. Jayalakshimi, L.M. Looi and N.H. Tan. 1995. Serum levels of Hematoporphyrin in the photodynamic therapy of malignant tumours. SPIE. 2371: 472-476.
- K.S. Low, H.K. Chan, A.S. Haji Baba, C.H. Yip, K.W. Chang, Y.L. Lo, P. Jayalakshimi and L.M. Looi. 1995. Simple red light sources for photodynamic therapy of malignant tumours. SPIE. 2371 : 339-343.
- H.K. Chan, K.S. Low, C.H. Yip and K.W. Chang. 1994. Photodynamic Therapy in the practice of oncology. The Mediterranean Journal of Surgery and Medicine. 2(3): 157-160.
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DRUG DISCOVERY
AND TRANSLATIONAL MEDICINE 2021 (ICDDTM’21)
Advancing Precision Medicine with Emerging Technologies:
Bridging Gap Between Academia and Industry.Universiti Putra Malaysia, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Universiti Sains Malaysia, UCSI University, MAHSA University, Taylor’s University, University Malaya,
Monash University Malaysia, Eman Biodiscoveries Sdn. Bhd., Malaysian Association for Cancer Research and GHHS
- 45th IM annual conference of the MSBMB and the 2nd IHMSC 2021. Beyond 2021: Building sustainable science.
Networks and Collaborations on Research
- Alpha Active Industries