Senior Professor Ts Dr Ooi Keng Boon, Dean of UCSI’s Graduate Business School, has been listed in the World’s Top Scientists Ranking for Computer Science and Electronics by "Guide2Research" 2021. He is currently ranked #1 Top in Malaysia (https://www.guide2research.com/scientists/MY) as of June 29, 2021.
Only 4 Malaysian researchers were listed by "Guide2Research"in 2021. Senior Professor Ooi is the only researcher from a private university in Malaysia.
“Guide2Research” is a top portal for computer science research providing updated data since 2015. One of its major findings is the Top Scientists Ranking, which names top scientists in the field of computer science and electronics. The H-index score for accepting a scientist is 40.
Senior Professor Ooi has received over 13000 citations (based on Google Scholar Citations count, from 2005-present) from diverse authors and journals across information sciences and industrial management. As of today, his H-index is as follows: Clarivate Analytics (H-index) = 44; Scopus (H-index) = 50; Google Scholar Citations (H-index) = 66.
“I am delighted and thankful at the same time for these recognitions. I would also like to thank the UCSI University community for all the opportunities and support it has provided over the years,” said Senior Professor Ooi.
Below is a list of Senior Professor Ooi’s recent rankings and recognitions:
- Ranked as the World’s Top 2% Scientists (in the field of Business and Management and under the subfields of Information Systems) by the 2019 Stanford University List based on an article published by Ioannidis et. al., (2020) Updated science-wide author databases of standardized citation indicators. PLoS Biol 18(10): e3000918. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pbio.3000918
- Acknowledged as one of the Top World Authors and High Impact Researchers (ranked #6) in the topic "Technology Acceptance Model; Mobile Payment; UTAUT" by Elsevier. The ranking was based on Scopus-indexed publications between 2015 and 2020 whereby his papers have been cited over 7 times in the world average levels based on Elsevier’s Scopus and SciVal.
- Ranked 1st in the Top 10 World’s Most Productive Authors publishing on Mobile Commerce in an article published by Du, S., and Li, H., (2019), “The Knowledge Mapping of Mobile Commerce Research: A Visual Analysis Based on I-Model”, Sustainability (MDPI; SSCI), March 2019, 11 (6), 1580.
- Rated as The World’s Top 5 Most Productive and Influential Authors (ranked #4) in the Journal of Industrial Management & Data Systems (IMDS) (Emerald, UK; SCIE) over the past 25 years (1994-2018) in Web of Science. This recognition was based on an article entitled “The evolution of Industrial Management & Data Systems over the past 25 years: A bibliometric overview” by Wang et al., (2019), Vol. 119, Issue 1, pp. 2-34.
- Ranked 42nd in the Top 50 Most Productive and influential Authors globally in Knowledge Management in Web of Science from 1961 to 2015, based on an article entitled “Knowledge Management: A global examination based on bibliometric analysis”, Technological Forecasting & Social Change (Elsevier, USA; SSCI) by Magaly Gaviria-Marin et al., (2019), 140, March 2019, pp. 194-220