Research Impact:Google Scholar
Ts Sharmanee Thiagarajah
Lecturer | School of Healthy Aging, Aesthetic and Regenerative Medicine
Areas of Interest
Plant-derived compounds and extracts in wound care management
Drug delivery using the nanotechnology
Emerging pollutants are chemicals and compounds that have recently been identified as dangerous to the environment and consequently to the health of human beings.
- Name of grant: Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS)
Funder: Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE), Malaysia
Project title: Gingerols and Shogaols: Investigations on the role of selective phosphodiesterase 4B inhibition in the respiratory anti-inflammatory activity without central side effects
Amount: RM 139,700
- Name of grant: Pioneer Scientist Incentive Fund (PSIF)
Funder: UCSI University
Project title: E-Learning Stem Education in Malaysia
Duration: 2019- 2022
Role: Principal Investigator
Amount: RM 23,950
- Name of grant: Research Grant Scheme (RGS)
Funder: UCSI University
Project title: Construction of Turmeric Intergrated Carrageenan Bed for Wound Dressing: Animal Study
Duration: 2013- 2019
Role: Principal Investigator
Amount: RM 30,000
Current Research Project
- Practice and Knowledge on the Use of COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test Kit (RTK) among Malaysians
- Knowledge and Use of Home Pulse Oximeter for Detection of Silent Hypoxia among Population in Suburban Jakarta, Indonesia
- Awareness, Knowledge and Practices of Environmental Health in Perinatal and Early Childhood among Healthcare Professionals in Selangor
- Sukumaran, S., Mohd Shahid, N., Abdullah, N., & Thiagarajah, S. (2021). E-Learning of STEM in Malaysian Higher Education Institutions: Status and challenges. Asian Journal Of University Education, 17(4), 259-271. (Scopus Indexed) (IF 0.91).
- Sarawanan Muniandy, Sharmanee Thiagarajah, Sheiladevi Sukumaran. Efficacy Of Platelet Rich Plasma in The Treatment of Diabetic Foot Ulcers: A Systemic Review. (2021). Social Science And Technology Toward Performance Improvement: Research Concept, Effect And Agenda. Kaizentrenovation Sdn Bhd. Pg 78-90
- Ramachandren K, Tan E.S.S, Tan C.K, Thiagarajah S., (2019). Knowledge, Awareness and Perception of Malaysian University Students on Regenerative Medicine and Willingness to Accept and Pay for Regenerative Medicine Therapies. Indian J Public Health Res Dev. 10(4).1098-1103. (Scopus Indexed)
- Nur H.S., C.K. Tan, Normina A.B., M.S. Seghayat, F. Amini, Thiagarajah S., E.S.S. Tan (2019). Menopausal Symptoms and Menopausal Quality of Life during Transitional Period among Military Wives. Indian J Public Health Res Dev. 10(4).1104-1109. (Scopus Indexed)
- Azizah Abu Mansor Noor, Normina Ahmad Bustami, Seghayat Marjan Sadat, Tan Chung Keat, Tan Eugenie Sin Sing, Amini Farahnaz, Thiagarajah Sharmanee. (2019). Knowledge, Awareness and Perception of Healthcare Personnel Based on Employment Level towards Stem Cells in Pahang. Indian J Public Health Res Dev. 10(4) Pg: 1144-1149. (Scopus Indexed)
- CY Ng, Seghayat MS, Tan ESS, Tan CK, Amini F, Thiagarajah S, Sharma D, Normina AB. (2019). Social Demand and Future Prospective of ‘Anti-Aging Medicine among Malaysians. Indian J Public Health Res Dev. 10(4) Pg: 1302-1307.(Scopus Indexed)
- Thamil Selvee Ramasamy1,2*, Ain Zubaidah Ayob1,2, Hsu Hsu Lynn Myint3, Sharmanee Thiagarajah3 and Farahnaz Amini3 (2015). Curcumin and Curcumin Analogue for Treatment of Colorectal Cancer Stem Cells: An Insight into Mechanism of Action and Treatment Efficacy. Cancer Cell International 15:96 DOI 10.1186/s12935-015-0241-x Vijay FA, Amini F, Thiagarajah S. Retrospective Study On Efficacy Of Septiloc (Polyherbal) On Treating Foot Ulcer in Patients with Type II Diabetic. Accepted for oral presentation in the Diabetes Asia 2014 Conference, 16th20th Oct 2014, Kuala Lumpur
- Norman Bin Mohd Norawai, Sharmanee AP Thiagarajah, Farahnaz Amini. Treatment of Diabetic Non Healing Ulcer Using a Combination of Platelet Rich Plasma, Honey and Sugar. Accepted for oral presentation in the 21st MSMBB Annual Scientific Meeting Announcements. 1-3 October 2014.
- Thiagarajah, S., Samian, M.R. Najimudin N., Isolation and Characterization of A Local Gram Positive Nitrogen Fixing Bacterium Bacillus sp. USM-N2. 1st USM-Penang International Postgraduate Convention. 3rd Life Sciences Postgraduate Conference, 24th May 2006 - 27th May 2006, Penang.
- Pavalashamini P., Seghayat, M.S., Tan C.K., Amini F., Normina A.B., Tan E.S.S., Ng E.S.C., *Thiagarajah S. Clinical Efficacy and Safety Of Mesenchymal Stem Cells In Treating Liver Diseases: A Literature Review. 5th – 6th Jan 2022. International Virtual Conference On Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Advanced Medicine.
- Bavani Naido, Sheiladevi Sukumaran, Sharmanee Thiagarajah. Knowledge, Perception and Willingness to Pay for Cord Blood Banking: A Pilot Study. 28th – 29th Aug 2021. International Conference on Education, Humanities and Technology Research (ICEHTR).
- Sheiladevi Sukumaran, Nadiatul Syima Mohd Shahid, Nabilah Abdullah, Sharmanee Thiagarajah. e-Learning of STEM in Malaysian Higher Education Institutions: Status and Challenges. 2021. International General Studies Conference. Page 33
- Eugenie Sin Sing Tan, Yu Bin Hob, Chung Keat Tan, Farahnaz Amini, Normina Bustami, Sharmanee Thiagarajah, Edmond Siah Chye Ng. Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products (PPCPs) Residues in Surface Water Bodies from Selangor (Malaysia): Occurrence and Environmental Risk Assessment. 4th International Conference on Molecular Biology and Biotechnology 2021 (ICMBB2021) 1st -3rd June 2021, Page 162
- Sharmanee Thiagarajah, Effiong P. E., Siyumbwa S. N., Eugenie Sin Sing Tan, Chung Keat Tan, Farahnaz Amini, Normina Bustami, Edmond Siah Chye. Antimicrobial Effect of Quercus Infectoria and Acorus Calamus in Wound Model. 4th International Conference on Molecular Biology and Biotechnology 2021 (ICMBB2021) 1st -3rd June 2021, Page 137
- Petricia Pawel, Sharmanee Thiagarajah, Sheiladevi Sukumaran. Knowledge, Attitude and Perception towards Colorectal Cancer Among Public. 4th International Conference on Molecular Biology and Biotechnology 2021 (ICMBB2021) 1st -3rd June 2021, Page 143.
- Ng CY , Seghayat MS, Normina AB, Tan ESS , Tan CK, Thiagarajah, S. , Ng ESC, Amini F. 2020. Cluster analysis of macronutrient intake and DNA damage among Malay Women. Together Towards Optimal Nutrition. NSM Conference 2020. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Award and Recognition
- Best Paper Award, ‘e-Learning of STEM in Malaysian Higher Education Institutions: Status and Challenges’ in International General Studies Conference 2021 (IGescon2021), 7th - 8th Sept 2021
- Best Video Presenter Award - Knowledge, Perception & Willingness to Pay for Cord Blood Banking: A Pilot Study in International Conference On Education, Humanities And Technology Research (ICEHTR2021), 28th -29th Aug 2021
Contributions to Society
- Speaker. Online Video Series, The Role of Gut Microbiome in Mental Health. School of Healthy Aging, Aesthetic & Regenerative Medicine, UCSI, 2021.
- Committee member. Webinar Series, Recent Advances in Healthy Aging, Medical Aesthetics and Regenerative Medicine. School of Healthy Aging, Aesthetic & Regenerative Medicine, UCSI, 2021.
- Judge of Young Inventors Challenge (2017-2020).
- Committee member. Scientific Talk Series 2, Recent Updates on COVID-19 Outbreak. Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, UCSI, 2020.
- Chairperson and Speaker. Know and Protect your Skin. School of Healthy Aging, Medical Aesthetics & Regenerative Medicine, UCSI, 2019.