WON ONE OF THE 3RD ICMBB'S BEST POSTER PRIZE.Noor Alali |  MSc Biotechnology
The 3rd ICMBB, held from 24-25 April 2019, was co-organized by the Faculty of Applied Sciences at UCSI University and the Malaysian Society for Molecular Biology & Biotechnology.
FAS BIOTECHNOLOGY STUDENT WINS BEST POSTER PRIZE AT THE 30TH INTERVARSITY BIOCHEMISTRY SEMINAR.Choo Yik Jin |  BSc (Hons) Biotechnology
Won the Best Poster prize at the 30th Intervarsity Biochemistry Seminar (IBS) held on 4th May 2019 at University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus. The annual IBS is organized by the Malaysian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (MSBMB) and involves participants from 15 public and private universities.
FAS FOOD SCIENCE STUDENTS SHINE AT INTERVARSITY PALM OIL QUIZ COMPETITION.Ong Teik Siun and Cheong Hui Ann |  BSc (Hons) Food Science with Nutrition
Winning 2nd place in the Intervarsity Palm Oil Quiz Competition organised by Malaysia Palm Oil Council (MPOC). It was held on 18th April 2019 during CEO Day at UPM in conjunction with Love MY Palm Oil Campaign. The campaign was launched by Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir.
FAS POSTGRADUATE STUDENT BAGS AWARD AT MIFT'S 11TH NATIONAL FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY COMPETITION.Jenny Foo |  Postgraduate
Won 2nd runner up award in the Postgraduate Oral competition, while the JUJUBEST team won the 2nd runner up award in the Innovative Food Product Development competition. It was held at UTAR, Kampar (6-7 April 2019).
3RD ICMBB'S BEST POSTER PRIZE.Looh Sung Cheng |  BSc (Hons) Biotechnology
Looh Sung Cheng (BSc Hons Biotechnology 2nd year student) won the 3rd ICMBB's Science SLAM. The 3rd ICMBB, held from 24-25 April 2019, was co-organized by the Faculty of Applied Sciences at UCSI University and the Malaysian Society for Molecular Biology & Biotechnology.
NG CHOON MING GOT TRAVEL GRANT FROM INDIANg Choon Ming
Ng Choon Ming, a PhD candidate, received a travel grant award for the recent Second International National Institute of Nutrition Centenary Conference in Hyderabad, India. She was among the top 3 out of the total 30 abstracts received for this award. She presented her idea on improving healthy diets in the Young Person Unique Idea category.
MEET HONG KONG’S NEXT BIOSCIENCE ROCKSTARKONG MEI LI |  Alumna, BSc (Hons) Biotechnology
- Graduated with a PhD (full scholarship) from the University of Hong Kong's Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine
- A promising biomedical research graduate from the University of Hong Kong who has worked on an emerging research field for her PhD studies, where she won multiple awards for her research presentations (such as 3MT HKU).
- Won 'Best Oral Presenter' award at the 23rd Intervarsity Biochemistry Seminar in 2012
- Two-time UCSI Presidential Award winner
- RamRais and Partner's Top Applied Sciences Student 2010
- Six-time UCSI Dean's List awardee
- Graduated with first-class honours
An alumna of SMK Bandar Utama Damansara (4)
BEST PAPER AWARD (ORAL PRESENTATION CATEGORY) IN THE 8TH GREEN SUSTAINABLE BIOTECHNOLOGY SYMPOSIUM 2018Carmen Loh Wai Leng |  MSc Applied Sciences, by Research
Congratulations to Ms Carmen Loh Wai Leng, who netted the 1st prize for the Best Paper Award (Oral Presentation Category) in the 8th Green Sustainable Biotechnology Symposium 2018 on 19th January held at National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan.
Carmen is a MSc student supervised by Assistant Professor Dr Grrace Ng Hui Suan.
SHE CHANGES LIFE WITH FOOD SCIENCECharis Wong Yi Huey |  Bsc (Hons) Food Science and Nutrition
- Valedictorian, Class of 2016
- Graduated with first-class honours
- Volunteered for humanitatian and education-related missions in China, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Thailand and the Philippines
AI MUN WANTED A PLATFORM TO PRESENT HER FINDINGS. UCSI GAVE HER THE GLOBAL STAGECheong Ai Mun |  Msc Applied Science, by research
- Representing Malaysia at the 14th ASEAN Food Conference in the Philippines
- First-prize winner of the 9th MIFT Food Science and Technology Seminar (Postgraduate Oral Presentation Competition)