Multiple Award-Winning University ChoirsMultiple award-winning university choirs |
i. UCSI Chamber Choir
- Two Gold Awards at the World Choralympic 2020 in Pyeongchang, South Korea
- Gold Award at the 3rd International Choral Competition in Karlovac, Croatia in 2019
- Gold Medal and Grand Prix Finalist at the 47th Festival of Songs, International Choir Competition MUNDI CANTANT 2019 in Olomouc, Czech Republic
- Silver Award in Taipei International Choral Festival 2018
- Gold Medal at the 5th Vietnam International Choir Competition 2017
- Level B Choir Award at the 13th China International Chorus Festival 2016
- Gold Medal at the 4th Bali International Choir Festival 2015
- Gold Medal and the Grand Prix Finalist at the 7th International Choir Festival, Grand Prix Pattaya 2014
- Silver Award and one Performance Gold Award at the HK International Youth and Children’s Choir Festival 2013
ii. UCSI Concert Choir
- Gold Medal and Grand Prix Absolute Winner at the 10th International Choir Festival, Grand Prix Pattaya 2017
- Silver Award at the 9th Orientale Concentus International Choral Festival in Singapore 2016
- Gold Medal at the 11th China International Choir Festival 2012
- Gold Award at the 3rd International Choral Festival Orientale Concentus in Taiwan 2010
iii. UCSI University Singers
- Gold Medal and Grand Prix finalist at the 12th International Choir Festival, Grand Prix Pattaya 2019
iv. UCSI Chorale
- Performed with Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra under the baton of international conductors, Roberto Abbado for Carmina Burana (2018), Jessica Cottis for Ola Bola The Movie (2017), Benjamin Zander for Mahler’s Symphony No. 2 (2016), and Andreas Delfs for Mozart’s Requiem (2015)
Cooking with StyleAIMAN HAQIM BIN MOHD ALI |
Bachelor of Hospitality Administration
Congratulations to Aiman Haqim for winning 1 Gold and 1 Bronze Award at the World Chefs Championship 2019, held at Stadium Sultan Abdul Halim, Alor Setar, Kedah from 13-15 December 2019.
- Gold Award – My Burger Challenge
- Bronze Award – Modern Chicken Chop Challenge
Being Bold with GoldMUHAMAD AIMAN BIN SAIFUL ANUAR |
Diploma in Culinary Art
Congratulations to Muhamad Aiman for winning 2 Gold Awards at the World Chefs Championship 2019, held at Stadium Sultan Abdul Halim, Alor Setar, Kedah from 13-15 December 2019.
- Gold Award – Modern Pasta Challenge
- Gold Award – Modern Malaysian Laksa Challenge
MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYMok Yun Liu |
Bachelor of Science (Hons) Computing, Class of 2017
Alumnus of SMK SS17, Subang Jaya
Currently working as Lead Developer at HTM Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan
Former Project Manager, MYCITY SME Sdn Bhd
UCSI University President’s Award (2014; 2015)
Recipient of the Best Poster Award at the 13th MOH-AMM Scientific Meeting 2019Dr Poh Tian Er |
MSc (Healthy Aging, Medical Aesthetics and Regenerative Medicine)
Congratulations to Dr Poh Tian who recently received the Best Poster Award (Clinical) at the 13th MOH-AMM Scientific Meeting 2019 in conjunction with the 21st National of Health (NIH). The scientific meeting was organised by the Ministry of Health (MOH), Malaysia and Academy of Medicine of Malaysia (AMM). Her paper was entitled ‘Efficacy and Safety of Stem Cell Therapy for people with Cerebral Palsy: Systematic Review with Meta-Analysis’.
Dyslexia: An Experience With Augemented RealityFonita Theresia |
Master of Arts and Design
Congratulations to Fonita Theresia for a successful collaboration exhibition between ICAD UCSI University and Universitas Multimedia Nusantara (UMN) entitled “BOOX”, An Augmented Campaign For Dyslexia held at Gramedia in Jakarta last 21 September 2019.
Her paper was recognised as original and innovative by DCI (Elite Tutor Programme for Dyslexia and Autism) of Jakarta. The founder of Elite Tutor Indonesia, Dr Sumarsono expressed that her paper was the only one accepted to be part of its research interest and further collaboration among many papers up to PhD level.
FIRST RUNNER UP AT THE NATIONAL INVESTMENT CHALLENGE EXTRAVAGANZA 2019Lau Ze Kai |
Bsc (Hons) Finance and Investment
Congratulations to Lau Ze Kai for being the first runner up in a team of four at The National Investment Challenge Extravaganza 2019. The competition was held on October 3-5, 2019 at University Utara Malaysia and organised by the Bursa Young Investor Club (BYIC).
RECIPIENT OF THE CISI GLOBAL EDUCATIONAL TRUST AWARD 2019Dana Teoh |
BSc (Hons) Finance and Investment
Congratulations to Dana Teoh who recently received the CISI Global Educational Trust Award 2019. She was the only winner from Malaysia. Others who participated in this award were from Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore and India,
The Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI) is the leading UK professional body for securities, investment, wealth and financial planning professionals.
PhD Candidate Ng Choon Ming won the Best Poster Award for research presentation at MASO 2019 ConferenceNg Choon Ming |
PhD in Nutrition, Faculty of Applied Sciences
Congratulations Ng Choon Ming, PhD Candidate under the supervision of Asst Prof Dr Satvinder Kaur (Faculty of Applied Sciences), on winning the Best Poster Award for research presentation at the Malaysain Association for teh Study of Obesity (MASO) Conference. The event was held on 15 to 16 October 2019 at Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur.
WON GOLD MEDAL AT THE ASIA YOUNG DESIGNER AWARDS 2019Tien Jun Xiang |
Bachelor of Science (Hons) In Architecture
- Gold medal for his project ‘Revival of Hope’ in the Architecture category at the Asia Young Designer Awards 2019;
- Won Silver medal at the ARCASIA Student’s Architectural Design Competition 2019 held in Dhaka, Bangladesh.