Research Impact:Google Scholar
Muhammad Ahsan Iftikhar Baig
Lecturer | Department of Clinical Pharmacy
Master in Clinical Pharmacy
Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons)
Areas of Interest
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)
- Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society (MPS)
- Punjab Pharmacy Council Pakistan (PPC)
Formulation and Clinical Evaluation of Mangosteen and Seaweed Range of Skin Cleanser, Exfoliator, Toner and Their Biological and Clinical Evaluation
Pioneer Scientist Incentive Fund (PSIF)
Incidence and associated risk factors of acute renal failure in Malaysian Cancer patients
Clinical outcomes & lifestyle of Type II diabetic patients at tertiary care setting in Wilayah Persekutuan
Assessment of community pharmacists’ attitude towards professional practice in Kuala Lumpur
To assess smoking prevalence, second-hand smoke exposure, attitudes towards tobacco control and smoking cessation training among pharmacy and medical students of UCSI University
Assessment of Sleep Apnoea Risk and Quality of Sleep among General Public in Klang Valley
MAHSA University, Malaysia
Master students (Current)
- Mohamad Zakour Khadari
- Majory Mambali
Undergraduate students (Completed)
- Leong Mun Yee (2019)
- Aziz-ur-Rahman, M. Haniki. N. Mohd, Shazia. Q. J, Syed. M, Baig. M. A. I (2020). Development and Assessment of Modified Fagerstrom Test for Nicotine Dependence Scale among Malaysian Single Electronic Cigarettes Users. Journal of Pharmacy and Bioallied Sciences. (Accepted)
- Baig M.A.I., Christina C.O. Yee. (2016). Knowledge, Attitude and Practices towards Sex and Emergency Contraceptives among female university healthcare students in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor, Malaysia. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, 9(6), 34.
- Baig M.A.I., Chang P Gie. (2016). Knowledge and Attitude towards Sexually Transmitted Diseases among undergraduate students at selected public and private universities in Malaysia. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, 9(6), 35.
- Baig, M.A.I., Sulaiman, S.A.S., Gillani, S.W. & Hariadha, E. (2013). A preliminary study on knowledge about obesity in Penang, Malaysia. International Journal of Pharmacy & Life Sciences, 4(6), 2705-2712.
- Hariadha, E., Sulaiman, S.A.S., Gillani, S.W. & Baig,M.A.I. (2013). A preliminary study on post-surgical complications after thyroidectomy in Penang, Malaysia. International Journal of Pharmacy & Life Sciences, 4(6), 2717-2721.
- Oral Presentation – 17th Asian Conference on Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) - Clinical Treatment Outcomes and Lifestyle of Obese Patients undergoing treatment at selected clinical settings in Penang, Malaysia. – Yogyakarta, Indonesia (July 2017)
- Oral presentation – 2nd Indonesian Conference on Clinical Pharmacy (ICCP) -Knowledge and Attitude towards sexually transmitted disease among undergraduate students at selected Public and Private Universities in Malaysia. -Bali, Indonesia (October 2016)
- Poster presentation at 2nd Indonesian Conference on Clinical Pharmacy (ICCP) - Knowledge Attitude and Practices towards sex and emergency contraceptives among female university healthcare students in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor, Malaysia. - Bali, Indonesia (October 2016)
- Oral presentation at 3rd International Health Symposium on Wellness, Health and Nutrition - A preliminary study on knowledge about obesity in Penang, Malaysia. - Malaysia (December 2012)
- Poster Presentation at 11th Asian Conference on Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) – Management of Diabetes Mellitus in patients with Thyroidectomy. - Philippines (June 2011)
- Invited speaker on: Transforming Clinical Pharmacy Education at University of Andalas, Indonesia.
- External Evaluator for Clinical & Pharmacy Practice Final Research Project of Provisionally Registered Pharmacists (PRPs) at Hospital Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Examiner/ Panel/ Judge
- Invited Panel/Evaluator for Clinical & Pharmacy Practice Final Research Project Presentation for Provisionally Registered Pharmacists (PRPs) held at Hospital Ampang on 25th April 2018.
- Invited Panel/Evaluator for Clinical & Pharmacy Practice Research Project Presentation for Provisionally Registered Pharmacists (PRPs) held at Hospital Ampang on 8th March 2018.
- 3rd Pharmacy Student’s Scientific Conference held at Faculty of Pharmacy, Asia Metropolitan University (AMU), Malaysia (Jan 2018)
- Research collabortion with University Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Punjab Pharmacy Council – Life Member
- American College Of Clinical Pharmacy – Full Member
- Old/Nursing Home Visits and presentations in Kuala Lumpur & Selangor Malaysia
- Developing a Cancer Awareness Training Program for community pharmacists
- Developing a Psychology Pharmacy Certificate Program for pharmacists/students
- Malaysian Academy of Pharmacy (MAP) – Certificate Training Course for Pharmacist Community – Ongoing 2020
- St Mary Nursing Home – Nursing Home Visits with Undergraduate Students (2018/2019)
- Procare Nursing Home – Nursing Home Visits with Undergraduate Students (2018/2019)